Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Importance of Staples

The Importance of Staples Someone asked me why it's important to keep a minimum stash of staple items in your fridge and pantry. The simple answer is this: it makes life easier and saves you money. Tonight is the perfect example. We got home from our weekend out of town just before 6:30. We were hungry. The baby was hungry. I had a list of things that had to be done before I went to bed. Robert asked if I wanted to just hit a drive thru. I almost said yes, but just really wanted to get home so I said let's unpack the truck first then decide. When we got home, Robert unpacked the truck and I raided the fridge & pantry for dinner. I grabbed tortillas, cheese, mushrooms, olives, green chilies, and a can of fruit cocktail. In 10 minutes I had dinner ready: delicious veggie quesadillas and fruit. Much better than a drive thru and cheaper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment