Monday, March 4, 2013

I can't believe I really made that dinner

We all like to consider ourselves perfect when it comes to meals we serve our family. It's nice to think that we can serve 21 nutritious meals a week. Let's face it. We aren't perfect.

I live by the 80% rule. If we eat healthy 80% of the time, I'm happy. Don't get me wrong, I don't give Emma anything but breast milk, formula and vegetables.

Tonight, I made tater tot casserole for dinner.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but it tasted great and made an inexpensive meal with plenty of leftovers for lunches.

What meal do you serve your family that isn't super healthy?

Tater Tot Casserole Recipe

1 bag frozen tater tots
1lb ground turkey
1 can cream of mushroom or celery soup
1 cup milk
2 cans green beans or 1 small bag frozen green beans
Garlic
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400

Brown ground turkey seasoned with pepper and garlic
Drain
Add cream of mushroom soup and milk to meat and mix well

Cover bottom of baking dish with tater tots
Layer green beans over the tots 
Layer meat and soup mixture over green beans

Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes

You can cover with cheese if you choose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment