Thursday, April 4, 2013

Babywearing

Emma loves to be held and rocked and cuddled. It's one of the only ways to calm and soothe her when her reflux gets bad or she's not feeling well. For so long I was bouncing her from one hip to the other trying not to kill my back. Then she grew enough where I could put her in her mei tei.

Oh how we loved it. That's right past tense. We were on vacation and the strap ripped off. Oh it was awful. I cried. What was I going to do without it?  The only store in town that had carrier was Wal-Mart and they didn't have ergonomically correct carriers, but I bought one anyway because I needed something for the highly fussy periods.

I  got home and started using the Boba 3g in camo we had bought so my husband felt comfortable babywearing. Not at all stylish, but it's awesome. Or it was. Emma doesn't weigh much so she was 8 months old before she weighed enough to not need the newborn carry, but she was so long she was scrunched and uncomfortable.  She hated it. I hated it. I was ecstatic the day she was 15 pounds and I could use the regular front carry. 

I have tried many carriers and fallen in love with a few. I really like slings and can't wait to buy one instead of just borrow one. I still miss our mei tei. I wasn't a fan of the Moby wrap bevause it was too mu h fabric to manage on my own.  Once we got it on, it was great though.

I'm looking forward to the Sacramento Great Cloth Diaper Change on April 20th. There's going to be a share table so we can try different carriers. There are a handful I've never tried and a couple I've never heard of so I'm very excited.

I'm wearing the Boba 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment