Sunday, April 28, 2013

Live Below the Line Challenge

Have you heard about Live Below the Line? It's a challenge to bring awareness to and raise money for global hunger relief efforts. The goal is for every participant to live off of $1.50 per day for 5 days. That's right, $7.50 total. Participants are asked to still eat 3 meals a day and no day's meals can total more than $1.50. I'm frugal, but this is a tough one. I didn't hear about the challenge in time to raise money, but I'm still participating and I will be blogging daily about my experience including our 3 meal menu for the day.

I didn't include Emma's formula in the budget, but I did include the cost of her table foods. I went shopping on Friday for the challenge next week. I don't want the fact I'm gone this weekend to stop me from participating. My family of 3 will be living off this for 5 days. I buy spices and oil in bulk so I have those in my pantry. I don't want them to go to waste so I calculated their cost and subtracted it from my budget before shopping.




You can find out more about Live Below the Line at their website https://www.livebelowtheline.com/us and on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/LiveBelowTheLineUSA?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment