Friday, June 21, 2013

Family Friday

Today is a tough Friday for our family. We are saying our final goodbye to my Aunt. She battled cancer for many years and was so strong through it all. Unfortunately, she lost her battle earlier this month. Today's post will be short, because I still have no words for how sad I am. I cannot be with my family today as we say goodbye. Emma does not do well with crowds and I have no one available to watch her for me, so I am staying home.

My aunt was an amazing mother and I hope that someday Emma will look at me the way my cousins look at their mom.

Tomorrow when Emma crawls in the Relay for Life, she will be crawling in memory of her Grammy and now her Auntie.

The last time I saw my Aunt was at my wedding. She was happy and beautiful, just the way I will always remember her.



No comments:

Post a Comment