Friday, March 25, 2016

"Back in the Saddle" book review

I'm kicking off the relaunch of the blog with a book review. Over the next few weeks the look of the blog will change and new content will be added. Be prepared for Books, crafts, and planners. Oh my!

My first review is for "Back in the Saddle" by Ruth Logan Herne




Synopsis:
Colt ran from the Double S as soon as he could. He traveled across the country and made a name for himself in Manhattan. The market crashed and he was caught in the middle of bad investments. With no assets of his own, and his father's illness, he found himself back at the Double S, where he comes to face to face with Angelina, the new house manager. Angelina ran to the ranch to hide from her past and save her family. From the first time their eyes meet, they know there's something there, but are either of them staying at the ranch, or is this just temporary?
  
Review: 
I love a good love story. I love a good western. I love cowboys. I'm a country girl living in a city world. I had high hopes for "Back in the Saddle." A lost and torn city boy returns to his country roots to find a mysterious woman living on his family's ranch. What was this secret she was hiding? It took me until a quarter of the way through the book to be hooked. I couldn't put it down. There were moments it was dry, but overall it was well written and captivating. I cannot wait to read book two later this year. 

For more information about the book visit Waterbrook Multnomah 


FTC disclaimer: "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."


No comments:

Post a Comment